IS THE HEALTH OF YOUR FAMILY IMPORTANT?
We all want the best for our loved ones. Water that looks normal may not necessarily be safe to drink. Keep your family safe and get your water tested!
Do you have STAINING ISSUES?...CALCITE buildup?
Sounds like a problem! Banner Water specializes in water testing and analysis to get rid of staining issues and provide you with clear, safe water for drinking and everyday use. Stop scrubbing and give us a call! We treat all kinds of water quality issues!
- CT Potability ( Odor, Turbidity, Color, Ph, Nitrite, Nitrate, Chloride, Hardness, Iron, Manganese, Sodium, Sulfate, Coliform Bacteria, E. Coli Bacteria)
- 4 Parameter (Iron, Manganese, Hardness, Ph)
- Bacteria (Coliform Bacteria, E. Coli Bacteria)
- Radon In Air
- Radon In Waer
- Well Inspection/Yield Test
- Well Chlorination/shock with Bacteria retest
Water Quality Explanation
Learn more about water quality testing
How often should I test my water?
As a well owner, it is up to you to make sure that your water is safe to drink. It’s recommended to have your well water tested annually. You should also have your well tested if:
- There are known problems with well water in your area
- You have experienced problems near your well (i.e., flooding, land disturbances, and nearby waste disposal sites)
- You replace or repair any part of your well system
- You notice a change in water quality (i.e., taste, color, odor)
Examples of Water Quality Indicators:
- Coliform Bacterial
If the total coliform count is high, then it is very possible that harmful germs like viruses, bacteria, and parasites might also be found in the water. Coliform E coli test- A positive test may mean that feces and harmful germs have found their way into your water system. These harmful germs can cause diarrhea, dysentery, and hepatitis.
The pH level tells you how acidic or basic your water is. The pH level of the water can change how your water looks and tastes. If the pH of your water is too low or too high, it could damage your pipes, causing leaks and heavy metals like lead to leak out of the pipes into the water.
A measure of the total calcium and magnesium in water. The effect of hardness is to increase the amount soap necessary to form suds in water and can increase scaling on the inside of pipes.
Iron may cause orange/red/brown staining to laundry and fixtures.
Can cause staining to laundry and fixtures
Egg smell and may cause bitter taste and render laxative effect in consumers.
Nitrate is naturally found in many types of food. However, high levels of nitrate in drinking water can make people sick and are harmful to infants.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
VOCs are industrial and fuel-related chemicals that may cause bad health effects at certain levels. Other germs or harmful chemicals that you should test for will depend on where your well is located on your property, which state you live in, and whether you live in an urban or rural area. These tests could include testing for lead, arsenic, mercury, radium, atrazine, and other pesticides.