Provector Iron Filter
- Exclusive Isobar II controls
- ¾” FNPT Stainless Steel Bypass Valve; 1” option
- Vortech Distributor
- Rain tight cover seals out insects and weather
- Natural polyglass media tank
- High backwash capacity
- Slide cover
Do I need a Provectr?
Symptoms will vary depending on the amount of iron in your water but good indications you need a Provectr system are rust/iron stains on fixtures, tubs, skinks and laundry. The Provectr Water Treatment System removes sediment, iron, manganese from your water. The Provectr Water Treatment System does not use any chemicals in removing these problems from your water. Natural reactions are achieved through aeration and filtration that remove iron, sediment and neutralize low pH.
How does a Provectr work?
- Raw water is pumped through your system by a submersible pump. The Venturi/Nozzle, placed in the line between the pressure gauge and the pressure tank, is where the process of removing unwanted elements begins through oxidation. As the water is forced through the Venturi/Nozzle under pressure, a vacuum is created that draws air into the water line. This air and water are mixed, thus starting the oxidation process that converts “dissolved solids” into “suspended solids” that can be filtered out of the water.
- After leaving the Venturi/Nozzle, the water and air mixture may enter the pressure tank to be stored until it is needed. In the Aerator/Precipitator tank more air is forced into the water by means of full line pressure. A float inside the aerator/precipitator monitors the water level in the tank. At the bottom of the tank are many plastic aeration orbs. These balls build up a coating of contaminants that have been separated from the water through the oxidation process.
- The water passes out through the bottom of the aerator/precipitator tank and on to the Filter Tank. Several important things take place in this tank. The primary purpose of the step is to trap the physical particles that have been produced by the oxidation process. The mineral bed of the PROVECTR Filter Tank consists of a Multi-Blend media that filters contaminants and harmful elements out and raises the pH level of the filtered water. Backwashing every now and then (automatically) washes accumulated impurities from the media and out through the drain, making the filter tank ready to clean more water.