The System has a 5600 Fleck automatic backwash valve to backwash calcite clean automatically as needed, easy to set timer and days of regeneration.
Neutralizer Filter used calcite limestone media to raise the pH balance to above 7.0. This system can also be used to remove red water iron as well as raise the pH at the same time.
Upon contact with Calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
Standard system features
- Machined PVC head
- Polyglass resin tank
- Natural color vessel for easier viewing of mineral height
- 3/4" in/out head with 13/16" riser tube
- 1" in/out head with 1.05 riser tube minimizing pressure loss
- Bypass valve head with 1.05 riser tube
- High-strength polypropylene distributor basket
- Upper screen basket to eliminate media loss
How does a Neutralizer work?
- The pH Neutralizer Filters are equipped with Calcite/Corosex media and under-bedding gravel. The gravel is used as a support to keep smaller media out of the distribution system and to stop channeling of water.
- Acidic water, on contact with calcite, slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate media. This process raises the pH which, in turn, reduces the potential for leaching of copper pipes, lead and other metals typically found plumbing systems.
- Periodic backwashing, controlled by the valve on the top of the unit, will prevent packing and maintain high service flow rates.
- Depending on pH level and flow rate, the Calcite/Corosex bed will have to be periodically renewed as the original bed is dissolved.
Do I need a neutralizer?
Acidic water means your water can be corrosive to your piping, eat away at your plumbing and causing blue and green staining. Neutralizer Filters are used where low pH is a problem. Our neutralizer filters systems are equipped with high quality Calcite/Corosex and they are installed in the main water line. Installed according with the manufacturer recommendation, the neutralizer system will reduce corrosion usually caused by acid water.